Pomegranates are rich in nutrients essential for optimal health. Here is the small guide to benefits of pomegranates for skin, hair and health.
Pomegranates for skin-
Pomegranate is rich in vitamin C and is filled with antioxidants like proanthocyanidins and flavonoids which help in delaying the signs of ageing (like wrinkles).
Pomegranate Face Pack:
- Take 2 tablespoons of pomegranate peel powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and honey.
- Mix well in order to create a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to your face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Remove dark spots
- Treats pigmentation
- Brighten the skin naturally
Pomegranate seeds and Turmeric Face Pack:
- Take 2 tablespoons of crushed pomegranate seeds.
- Add 1 tablespoon of turmeric to form a smooth paste.
- Apply it to the affected areas.
- Wash with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Combats acne breakouts and the resultant inflammation.
- Help cure eczema and psoriasis
- Help manage vitiligo
- Boost the skin’s ability to protect itself from the sun
- Helpful in treating melasma
Pomegranates for hairs-
The presence of antioxidants in pomegranates strengthens the hair follicles and improves circulation to the scalp. The oil of pomegranate seeds contains can provide an effective treatment for frizzy, kinky, and entangled hair. Pomegranate seed paste is also used to reverse the greying of the hair.
Pomegranates for health-
When you consume pomegranate seeds they act as powerful antioxidant which increases the activity of the good cholesterol in the body.
The consumption of pomegranate leaf extract can reduce serum cholesterol levels.
Pomegranates can also help in improving clogged arteries.
Pomegranates not only lower the blood pressure levels but it also improves the flow of blood to the cardiovascular system.
Pomegranates have also found out to be cutting the risk of prostate cancer; the pomegranate seeds can prevent cancer cell proliferation and induce cell death.
The presence of ellagic, gallic, and ursolic acids in a pomegranate can help prevent type 2 diabetes.
Pomegranates can help fight inflammation and can also cure rheumatoid arthritis.
Pomegranates can easily fight against oral bacteria due to its antimicrobial properties.
Pomegranates are high on fibre-content can play a preventive role in obesity.
The seeds of Pomegranates strengthen the immune system.
Pomegranates can be used to treat erectile dysfunction, treat erectile dysfunction, improves menstrual health and also lower the risk of placenta injury during pregnancy.